~ * Eternal Maiko *~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the European kimono lovers and around the world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tea ceremony schools in the US and the world at large.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

Tea ceremony schools in the US and the world at large. Empty
PostSubject: Tea ceremony schools in the US and the world at large.   Tea ceremony schools in the US and the world at large. Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:34 pm

I would love to create an international database here for students of the Traditional Japanese Arts to find places they can go to learn from professional Tea masters (and other professional Arts teachers) about the topics they love.

Where are these professionals to be found? Speak up and let people know!
Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

Tea ceremony schools in the US and the world at large. Empty
PostSubject: Let's get started.   Tea ceremony schools in the US and the world at large. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Ironically enough, when I started being interested in Tea Ceremony, the style that interested me most was the Omotosenke school.

Why, you ask? Because the Kyoto Geisha-san and Maiko-san who perform tea do a style of Ryuurei tea ceremony that looks like Omoto-senke.

...Sadly there are no teachers of Omotosenke in the midwest (that I can reach), although there are apparently teachers in Utah -- if anyone is up there, let me know what they think of them. I attended a presentation of tea ceremony by the Omotosenke school based in Utah and all the teachers seemed incredibly kind and welcoming.

In my local area, there is a fantastic teacher named Sojune-san. I am learning Urasenke School tea ceremony -- for hearth, brazier, and tray, summer and winter, thick and thin. It is so much fun!

What is everyone else learning? What do you like to perform for yourself? What aspect of this meditative performing art interests you most?
Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com

Tea ceremony schools in the US and the world at large.
Page 1 of 1