~ * Eternal Maiko *~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the European kimono lovers and around the world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kimono & Everyday life

Go down 
+2
Komatsu2012
Kimino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimino
Eternal Maiko
Eternal Maiko
Kimino

Female Location : Europe

Kimono & Everyday life Empty
PostSubject: Kimono & Everyday life   Kimono & Everyday life Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 am

I would like to ask you some questions about how the kimono comes in your everyday's life.
Please feel also free to share your answers not only here,but in your blog or whatever you like.

1. How do you choose a day to wear kimono?

2. What is the type of kimono you wear more often? and why?

3. What is the type of musubi you love the most?

4. What is the type of obi you wear more often?

5. What is the hardest part for you when you're dressing in kimono?

6. Do you like colored tabi,or do you prefer the classic white ones?

7. Would you wear kimono everyday?

8. What kind of places do you go when you're in kimono?

9. Do other people keep staring at you on the street when you walk by in kimono? or do they just don't give much attention?

10. Do other people did bad comments about you,when you were passing by in kimono?

11. Did you ever felt misplaced somewhere, because people were judging you because of your kimono?

12. Did some stranger got very surprised(in a good way) to see you in kimono?

13. Did you get some Paparazzi when you're in kimono? like if you were something that just came from other planet?

14. What exactly do you feel when wearing a kimono?

15. Would you ever dreamed of being geisha?(question for every kimono lover xD)

16. Would you like to have a career related to kimono or Japan somehow?

17. What is the most eccentric or odd kitsuke that you ever made?

18. Do you wear more zori,geta or...okobo?

19. Do you think you can live without your kimono? like if it's a temporary fashion taste you have,or a thing to be eternal in your life? Tongue

20. How did the kimono change your life?

It would be very important to me if everyone could reply to this questions very sincerely Smile
I really want to know how kimono can change one's life and give it a new prespective.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-maiko.forumotion.com
Komatsu2012
Minarai
Minarai
Komatsu2012

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kimono & Everyday life   Kimono & Everyday life Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Geiko

1 ) Depends on my activity for the day.

2) Also depends on my activity for the day.

5) Tying the obi as on arm doesn't have full range of motion.

6) Classic white even though I wear colored ones with my house shoes in the winter.

7) Ideally YES. On a pratical note NO.

Cool Kimono oriented events. Travel by subway is difficult with kimono as you run the risk of ruining a beautiful piece.

9) I don't pay any attention to other people so I wouldn't know if they are staring or not.

10) I don't pay attention to negative comments and I don't wear kimono to please anyone but myself so I don't care about negative reactions. I do thank positive responses Sun

11) No only a small mind judges other people for minor things and I don't have time for it. ( See # 10 )

12) YES. I usually get positive responses ( Also see # 10 )

13) NO. I am not anyone famous. I live in NY City. Unusual people are normal here. Star

14) Depends on the individual piece.

15) YES I would love to give it a try if I was younger.

16) I'm retired.

18) Zori, geta never wore Okobo but I did wear high platforms in the 1970's which I would say is a similar experience.

19) I have had kimono ( or at least seen kimono ) since I was a child as my father loved and wore kimono and had one custom made for me by the same person he got his custom made by.

20) It didn't as it has always been there.
Back to top Go down
Ichiyuki
Shikomi
Shikomi
Ichiyuki

Female Location : Heidelberg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kimono & Everyday life   Kimono & Everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:45 am

Ok, let´s start Geiko (the new smilies are great btw xD)

1. Hm, onyl for special occasions.

2. I donnot have a Komon yet and the next less formal Kimono I have is Tsukesage. So I wear this the most ...

3. I love this complicated looking musubi for Furisode:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

4. Fukuro obi

5. I know how to tie my Obi without help, but I always sweat like fdkvjgfndkj while tying it Urgh And: ohashori without too much foldings, it´s getting better xD And: the collar ...

6. I like colored Tabi but more for less formal ensembles. I like embroidered more

7. If it had a dresser than maybe Wink

8. Japan conventions, restaurants

9. They do! A lot Laughing

10. Well, only comments like: "*haha* Geisha" etc ... xD

11. I know that most of the people here in my area are not so much into Kimono like me and that they will stare. I am always a lil nervous when I leave the house in Kimono >o<

12. Yes yes! Mainly the japanese tourists and japanese people who live here in our town Cute

13. No. xD But some japanese people stared ages after me and smiled Oh really

14. Good?

15. I already dreamed of being a Geisha but I think I would fail related to playing instruments and dancing xD

16. Sometimes I dreaming of my own lil Kimono store in which you cannot only buy Kimono things but also rent them =)

17. none

18. I only have Zori - so I would say Zori *haha*

19. I think it would be possible to live without my Kimono - but I donnot want to Wink

20. I met many new a nice people because of Kimono Love love

Back to top Go down
http://kimono-momiji.blogspot.de/
Dr.B
Shikomi
Shikomi

Female Location : St.Louis,MO,USA

PostSubject: Re: Kimono & Everyday life   Kimono & Everyday life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 am

If the weather is good and I don't have to do anything messy, i.e do dishes

Furisode because I its my favorit kind of kimono.

I use the Chidori/Kouken the most because you can use it with any kimono.

Fukuro. I fined it easier to work with then most others

Oshiro makeup. Thankfully that is only once in a wile.

I think that the classic white ones are the most flattering with any kimono.

Yes

I go every where. I go shopping, to the library, out with friends, to church and walking the dog Smile

9. Do other people keep staring at you on the street when you walk by in kimono? or do they just don't give much attention?
I get lots and lots of Paparazzi.

10. Do other people did bad comments about you,when you were passing by in kimono?
Never

11. Did you ever felt misplaced somewhere, because people were judging you because of your kimono?
Nope

Every time I go out in kimono.

13. Did you get some Paparazzi when you're in kimono? like if you were something that just came from other planet?
Constantly.

Like a star.

Yes

I do I am a Kimono-san.

I don't know all my kimono are bright.

Yes to all three and I am having Koma geta made for me

19. Do you think you can live without your kimono? like if it's a temporary fashion taste you have,or a thing to be eternal in your life? Tongue
When I die I am taking them all with me.

I can't live with out them. I eat, breath and sleep kimonos. I would rather have a kimono then a boyfriend Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.kimono-san.com
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

PostSubject: Kimono madness   Kimono & Everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Weather and whimsy... Although I suppose that depends if you mean "wear a kimono" or "wear a kimono OUT"
I wear kimono around the house about every other day, just to keep my kitsuke skills up.

Houmongi and hikizuri. The one for everyday, and the other for dance practice, at least twice a week.

Taiko, I can do this in my sleep. And then the Darari knot. Cool

Maru and Nagoya about equally.

Collars and not sweating while tying my knots. >.<

Classic white. I suppose I'm old-fashioned. I see

hmmm. Every day I am in town and hanging out, absolutely. Everyday? No. I hike, swim, run after and play with fantastic and messy kids, and cook too much to wear silk all the time. Wink

Meetings, grocery stores, parks, dances, lessons, movie theaters (bad idea, the seats are terrible to obi), work, festivals, recitals, dates, conventions...

In our "China Town" I do get stared at a bunch. And most people do a double-take in America at the sight of a western woman in eastern fashion.

Sometimes... Mostly from the young who don't know how to react to the different and unusual.

Oh my. All the time. Although less from the judgement of others and more from their kindness.

Yes. It was sublime.

Hmmm. At big festivals and in the city center, yes. Otherwise, no. People try to be circumspect, which I appreciate. Stopping every two feet for photos is obnoxious. I pity true Maiko and Geiko, it must be maddening.

Elegant and serene. Or frumpy and desheveled, depending on whether a car is involved. I hate modern cars with their fuzzy seats.

hmm. Yes, and in some ways, my dance allows me to live my dream, I suppose? Cute

Yes and no. Making your dream a job is both a wonderful idea and a very bad one, particularly in this economy.

Full Tayuu getup complete with authentic katsura and hair ornaments, oshiroi, beni and abura wax, 4 layers of fully padded brocade kimono, special front-tied, extra-long Maru, and Koma Geta which I had to make myself... bleh. That was awesome. I had the best, most patient model ever, she was and will always be my hero.

Zori, although now that fall and rain have come, I'm wearing my rain geta more.

19. Do you think you can live without your kimono? like if it's a temporary fashion taste you have,or a thing to be eternal in your life?
I could live without them, but it would break my heart.

Hahaha. oh boy. It has been a bit of an obsession that takes over my wallet and my home, and a freedom of expression that brought real joy to my life. In the way that some fall in love with fashion designers or collect expensive shoes, I have learned that my taste and body shape are perfect for kimono, and therefore I look good. The aesthetic appeals to me on an almost spiritual level, the clean lines and subtle coordinations make my heart happy. I don't know how else to describe it. It does eat a large portion of my time in lessons and rehearsals, but this is also good. I miss my poor boyfriend, sometimes, bless him. He doesn't seem to mind and thinks I look good. Silver lining -- he is my hero and hopefully will be learning my musubi knots so that he can help me get myself dressed faster when we go out -- I've got it down to about 25 minutes from the skin out, by myself. Wow

Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com
Kikyou
Shikomi
Shikomi
Kikyou

Female Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Kimono & Everyday life   Kimono & Everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:23 pm

I wear kimono on reenactment events, japanese-themed events, dance practice, and some other days like unusual japanese laguage class (like chritmass meeting in class, etc)

Yukata, because of dance practice almost every week

Kai no kuchi, is less popular than bunko, and I'm good at tying it Bunny happy friends

Hanhaba, because of point 2 Cute

Making neat ohashori...

I'm traditional when it comes to kitsuke (usualy), white.

If I could - yes. Yukata is way more comfy than jeans.

Reenactment events outside, community centre...

Some are staring like I'm a ghost, some are to embarrassed to stare Ghost

Not really, some say "look, geisha!" and that's all

Nope

Yes, and older japanese man on a reenactment picnic last month, who later appeared to be my new japanee teacher

Sometimes

I don't know how to describe it. I feel elegant, like a lady.

Of course Geiko

I would love to, but I doubt it.

I'm not that eccentric when it comes to kimono

Geta, because of yukata, but I often wear zori too.

I think it will stay with me forever, ot at least for several dozen years. Maybe because it's not something I wear daily

It got me closer to my general Japan-passion, it's an esthetical expirience and it helped me to become more feminine
Back to top Go down
http://maikonoyume.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimono & Everyday life   Kimono & Everyday life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kimono & Everyday life
Page 1 of 1