~ * Eternal Maiko *~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the European kimono lovers and around the world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How much I hate polyester satin: or what can be used and what should never be used!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Empty
PostSubject: How much I hate polyester satin: or what can be used and what should never be used!   How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:31 pm

I would love to see people post about the items for kitsuke they have repurposed from other uses, and things they have made from scratch:
(belt buckles, brooches, earrings and necklaces can all be turned into obi-dome, I promise)

Also, let this be a place for those who can't necessarily afford to buy a full kimono set, find ways to create a set using items they may already have -- kimono kitsuke on a budget, or where DID all my dishtowels and shoelaces go? Dish towels can be used for obi-makura pillows in soft Taiko-musubi knots. In a pinch, one can use nylons, shoe laces, ribbon or yarn in the place of traditional japanese silk himo to hold kimono and obi knots in place while dressing. I don't really recommend any of these! But I have done it and had it work!

What are some of the other creative things people have done to wear their kimono?
Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com
Kimino
Eternal Maiko
Eternal Maiko
Kimino

Female Location : Europe

How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much I hate polyester satin: or what can be used and what should never be used!   How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Well,sometimes I make my own koshihimo. I made them from silk. They are so necessary,and you never know for sure how many you'll need!
When I tried to do other musubi than the otaiko one,I realize that I needed more,and I really didn't want to spend 8$ to 12$ in then.
So I made my own and I'm really happy with them ^^
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-maiko.forumotion.com
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

PostSubject: himo! :)   How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm trying to break into painting obi -- and making obi. this is the first such piece that I would be making to wear on the outside of the kimono -- I've made things like juban, han-juban and wrap skirts to layer under kimono before -- I'm too tall for most regular juban to fit the length of my legs.

Weirdest thing that ever got turned into Kimono-kitsuke: A table cloth and placemats. I made a tsuke-obi for a halloween costume kimono that was for a wind-up geisha-doll, and therefore was covered in gears! That was fun, but not something I would EVER wear normally.
Back to top Go down
Kimino
Eternal Maiko
Eternal Maiko
Kimino

Female Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: How much I hate polyester satin: or what can be used and what should never be used!   How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:53 am

Hasume wrote:
I'm trying to break into painting obi -- and making obi. this is the first such piece that I would be making to wear on the outside of the kimono -- I've made things like juban, han-juban and wrap skirts to layer under kimono before -- I'm too tall for most regular juban to fit the length of my legs.

Weirdest thing that ever got turned into Kimono-kitsuke: A table cloth and placemats. I made a tsuke-obi for a halloween costume kimono that was for a wind-up geisha-doll, and therefore was covered in gears! That was fun, but not something I would EVER wear normally.

You're very creative! That's really great,so the kitsuke never gets boring ^^
I have made a Pente obi,you can see it here.
I'm a painter,and recently I had wonderful ideas to paint...on obi!
I bought some plain silk obis,and then I draw and paint on them. This one is my first,but I hope to make many more.
I would love to be an obi painter,and my next obis will be for sale(if I'll be able to keep my cold blood and let them go away,of course!).
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-maiko.forumotion.com
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

PostSubject: Re: How much I hate polyester satin: or what can be used and what should never be used!   How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:39 pm

[quote="Kimino] I have made a Pente obi,you can see it here.
I'm a painter,and recently I had wonderful ideas to paint...on obi!
I bought some plain silk obis,and then I draw and paint on them. This one is my first,but I hope to make many more.
I would love to be an obi painter,and my next obis will be for sale(if I'll be able to keep my cold blood and let them go away,of course!).[/quote]

Kimino-san - have you painted any obi recently - I particularly love your owl obi and was wondering if you'd made any more. I love to look at your projects!

Best,

Hasume

P.S. Right now I am working on pocchiri for Maiko-henshin - I have a performance in 2 weeks! @___@
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much I hate polyester satin: or what can be used and what should never be used!   How much I hate polyester satin:  or what can be used and what should never be used! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much I hate polyester satin: or what can be used and what should never be used!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ * Eternal Maiko *~ :: ~ The Kitsuke World ~ :: Kitsuke Management-
Jump to: