~ * Eternal Maiko *~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the European kimono lovers and around the world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TV, Manga, Books and Movies, oh my!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

TV, Manga, Books and Movies, oh my! Empty
PostSubject: TV, Manga, Books and Movies, oh my!   TV, Manga, Books and Movies, oh my! Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:44 pm

I can think of quite a few examples of Tayuu, Yujo, Oiran and plain "women of ill repute" that have featured in modern mass media.

Here are some examples: Please add your own! Discuss, debate, read, watch, laugh and enjoy!

Sakuran -- originally a Manga, or illustrated novel from Japan, this was made into a live-action TV series, I believe, as well as featuring in at least one Music Video for a famous singer in Japan.
Samurai Champloo -- an Anime (or Japanese Cartoon animation) series that follows a pair of men and a young lady as they search for a man through ancient japan. One episode has them spending the night in the red-light district!
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto -- an anime about a theater troupe in Edo times, at one point in the series, they watch a Oiran Parade go by!
Peacemaker Kurogane -- Another amazing Anime which has an oiran in it.
Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com

TV, Manga, Books and Movies, oh my!
Page 1 of 1