~ * Eternal Maiko *~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the European kimono lovers and around the world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regional Dialects -- a guide to Kyoto/Osaka-ben

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

Regional Dialects -- a guide to Kyoto/Osaka-ben Empty
PostSubject: Regional Dialects -- a guide to Kyoto/Osaka-ben   Regional Dialects -- a guide to Kyoto/Osaka-ben Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 pm

I was slowly learning the Japanese language and hit a stumbling block when many of my contacts in Japan weren't speaking the language the way I was taught. How could this be? Simply put, many of my friends were in Osaka, or the southern region of Japan, which includes the old capitol city of Kyoto.

I'm hoping people will share their stories here, along with some online guides, useful books, good teaching tools and videos with other members to increase everyone's knowledge of this rich language and beautiful regional dialect.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for any beginners mistakes!

Last edited by Hasume on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

Regional Dialects -- a guide to Kyoto/Osaka-ben Empty
PostSubject: guides online: what I have found!   Regional Dialects -- a guide to Kyoto/Osaka-ben Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Here are the links for two online resources for beginners to study for learning Osaka-ben.

The first link has many interesting examples in the regional pronunciation, and can be quite useful for general education.
Dialects:   Kansai/Oosaka dialect - kansaiben wordlist

The second link is a guide to useful (????) words and phrases -- though some of these sound like things a punk or gangster would say! It's really fun to practice these expressions, even though I would never use some of them in real life.
Learn Kansai-ben/Osaka-ben

I hope this is useful for people!
Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com

Regional Dialects -- a guide to Kyoto/Osaka-ben
Page 1 of 1