~ * Eternal Maiko *~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the European kimono lovers and around the world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

Female Location : Missouri, United States

Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. Empty
PostSubject: Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today.   Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm hoping to start up a small thread about the amazing outlandish dress styles people have seen, or found in antique postcards from 100 years ago -- and the amazing hairstyles, dress styles and processions that still go on today -- keeping this living work of art alive.
Back to top Go down
http://threeriversokiya.com
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

PostSubject: Tayuu and Yujo and Oiran -- Oh my!   Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 2:34 pm

I am not sure I can tell whether these beautiful ladies were Oiran (who, from what little I remember) practiced their trade and had their state-issued licences in Kyoto, in the Osaka region) and Tayuu (who had the same for the Tokyo -- Kansai region). I hope someone can let me know!

Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. P125 -- an amazing photo up on ebay -- I hope it stays there for a while -- so I can afford it!

Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. %C2%A9_The_Burns_Archive_Geisha_7

Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. Ps3-25 -- This is an image of a beautiful Yoshiwara courtesan
Back to top Go down
Kimino
Eternal Maiko
Eternal Maiko
Kimino

Female Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today.   Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 am

Thank you for sharing such amazing photographs!
the musubi of the oiran in the first photo it's a little odd. At least I think I never saw one like that before ^^''
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-maiko.forumotion.com
Hasume
Maiko
Maiko

PostSubject: Re: Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today.   Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Kimino wrote:
Thank you for sharing such amazing photographs!
the musubi of the oiran in the first photo it's a little odd. At least I think I never saw one like that before ^^''

Kimino-san, did you know that one of the few remaining Tayuu performers in Japan -- in fact the one that may started up the current Tayuu-reenactors, is in fact a retired Geisha?

Her name is Kisaragi-Tayuu and she is flawless.

Yes I think that there is an odd counter-iki culture where the Tayuu or Oiran (not sure) wore very odd-seeming obi! I've seen a few original photos that were scanned onto flickr of Tayuu with obi shaped like japanese kites, or with huge koi (Japanese gold fish) embroidered on them. They are very wild!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today.   Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Images of Tayuu, Oiran and Yujo from long ago and today.
Page 1 of 1